Thursday, October 10, 2013

 Come on Team!

To have car insurance is to provide financial protection against physical damage and/or bodily injury resulting from traffic collisions and against liability that could also arise therefore.

To have health insurance is to have coverage that pays for medical and surgical expenses that are incurred by the insurer.

We are part of a state of society were we pursue happiness and safety. The government is, or ought to be, instituted for the common benefit, protection, and security of the people.

After these definitions, let’s check the conversations I heard, I had, I know about…

“… I am healthy; the health insurance is not for me because I take good care of myself so, I can use the money for other things…” Two women in their mid-forties agreeing with the statement.

Another woman same age “… My 17 year old kid had an accident while snowboarding, he was taken by helicopter by a rescue team and hospitalized, now he is wearing a cast for his leg and at home. He was not insured so I need to pay the bills, the only way is to sell my home and to use my retirement savings, and I don’t know what to do…” Two years later she got cancer and died in three months.

We can go on and on telling stories. In general as a country we cannot have people uninsured because it has ripple effects for all of us.

Let’s just imaged that our body carries our self like a car, so, like a car everybody needs to be insured, it does not matter your luck, your genes, and your age… everybody carries a probability to use doctor’s services, dentist’s visits, ambulances, hospitals, rescue teams.

The government does not tell you what to do; the government is there to protect you as a part of society; that is why we build it in the first place.

This entire Congress debacle is just stressing and hurting people. It is a way of polluting humanity, scaring people does not give more votes. Trying to destroy something just because it is not in your side is not part of team work. When we talk about America, we include everybody right now. For hard workers there is the vital necessity to have the comfort of coverage for all of us. In other countries they are looking at us, and a kid just told me, “… I can’t imagine that someone has to sell his house for medical help… I hope this will change one day…” If a kid can understand this, I think Congress can too. We do the best for the team and the name of the team is America, let’s just do it for our own sake and our future generations.

No comments:

Post a Comment